Open to everybody, World OutGames Miami is international, human rights, cultural and sports event, held every four years. Hosted for the first time in the United States, World OutGames Miami 2017 aims to promote, produce and educate the community in regards to the equality, strength, health and visibility of the LGBTQ family through sports, culture and human rights events. Taking place across Miami Dade County from Friday, May 26th to Sunday, June 4, 2017.
Now’s your chance to inspire, create and energize through ART! We are now inviting artists and designers from all disciplines to create an original poster image for World OutGames Miami 2017. There are no age, qualifications, curriculum limits or entry fee for participants. World OutGames Miami encourages artists at all levels to send us their work.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
Artist/Designers will be asked to provide World OutGames Miami with their Final High Resolution Digital Image* for final poster printing if they are selected for shortlist. Any image Artists/Designers plan to send IF shortlisted must be created at a minimum of 200 dpi at 100% output size for best printing quality. If an Artist/Designer is unable to provide World OutGames Miami with a Final High Resolution Image when requested, their entry will be automatically invalidated and disqualified.
*FINAL HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGE SPECIFICATIONS (for Poster Printing)
Document Size: 4400 x 5600 pixels (22 x 28 inches vertical)
Resolution: at 200 dpi /pixels per inch (High resolution for Print)
Acceptable File Formats: TIFF Image (*.tif, *.tiff), and JPG image JPEG Image (*.jpg, *.jpeg)
PRE-SELECTION PANEL & SELECTION PROCESS
Esteemed Miami artist Marcelo Holzinger of Marcelo Holzinger Art and Board Member of the City of Miami Arts & Entertainment Council and Ray Breslin, Philanthropist, Founder and President of Collins Park Neighborhood Association and other members of the World OutGames Cultural Arts Committee will pre-select shortlist to three entries from all official entries received.
The pre-selection panel will review and critique all entries and select three images that best embrace the three core pillars of World OutGames: Sports, Culture and Human Rights. The THREE shortlisted entries will be uploaded to the World Outgames Miami website for the public to vote for their favorite poster. All decisions by the pre-selection panel will be final.
SCHEDULE AND DEADLINES
1. By accepting the call for the World OutGames Miami Poster COMPETITION 2017, by signing the electronic application from, the Artist/Designer accepts all the regulations set out in this call for submissions.
2. By submitting an entry, you agree to, and by entering you grant to, WORLD OUTGAMES MIAMI 2017 a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive limited license that shall include the right to display, copy and distribute your work, edited or unedited in any form or medium in connection with the World OutGames Miami Poster COMPETITION 2017. This includes and is not limited to: the official poster of World OutGames Miami 2017, the catalogue image of the event, the promotional material associated with the competition and for publishing on its website www.outgames.org and all its affiliated social media pages (including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
3. Artist/Designer retains all right, title, and interest in and to the original work of art and ownership of copyrights.
REPRODUCTION RIGHTS OWNERSHIP OF THE WORK
1. The winning Artist/Designer agrees to transfer all rights to print, audio and audiovisual reproduction of the work for the press, promotion and marketing of World OutGames Miami
2. The Artist/Designer shall retain the intellectual property and any trademarks associated with the work.
3. World OutGames Miami will consult with the winning Artist/Designer regarding a press release/publicity of their work.
The winning Artist/Designer will receive a cash prize of $500 (USD) and will be offered a VIP Cultural Arts Pass to attend World OutGames Miami from May 26 - June 4, 2017. This offer does not cover travel or accommodation for the winning Artist/Designer.
The decision of World OutGames Miami on any and all matters relating to the World OutGames Miami Poster COMPETITION 2017 will be final and binding. World OutGames Miami and its staff, and/or the pre-selection Jurors will not enter into any correspondence regarding its decisions. World OutGames Miami reserves the right to change the parameters of this competition.